Thursday, September 27, 2012

MAC Marilyn Monroe Collection

Recently MAC released its Marilyn Monroe collection to MAC Pro members. I was so excited for this line to be released but I am honestly let down. Most of the colors look as it it just won't work with my coloring. I will be so glad when MAC decides o make a collection with dark bold colors. A Halloween collection would be nice. But I digress.

Here is what MAC says about the collection:

The fascination goes far beyond her beauty. With a persona as enigmatic as it is warm, Marilyn Monroe has forever captivated the collective consciousness as a brilliant and charming comedienne (Some Like It Hot, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes) or femme fatale with a secret in her heart (Niagara). She is her own work of art, forever the obsession of artists, photographers and filmmakers.

M A C Marilyn Monroe, a colour collection in shades and formulas distinctively Marilyn: Lipsticks in rapturous reds and gleaming Dazzleglass, a dramatic 35 Lash,False Lashes in Extreme Black and Large Eye Shadows in shimmering metallics and diamond tones. Along with Nail Lacquers destined to be a girl’s best friend and Beauty Powder to evoke that flawless MM skin.

The packaging features images from The Black Sitting,the famous series taken by photographer Milton Greene. These black and white photographs reveal Marilyn with an intimacy seldom seen.

Now I can honestly say I like the packaging. MAC kept it simple, classy and timeless! What I do not like in addition to the colors offered is that the collection contains so many permanent/repromotes. Now I for one like repromotes sometimes because it allows people to either restock up on an item or purchased a missed out on item. What I don't like is that almost the entire collection is permanent. I was thinking new colors or more Marilyn inspired names or something.

Needless to say I almost purchased nothing....and the only reason I did was 50% packaging and 50% because I like the colors of the lipsticks. I purchased Pure Zen and Scarlet Ibis lipsticks. A nude and a red/orange color. I will be sure to put swatches up just as soon as I receive my order this Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment